During my preparatory years back in 2013 I went to a Japanese
cultural festival Bon Odori (盆踊り). It is a dance festival to pray for the spirits of their ancestors.
I remember that time I was wearing an Oni’s (devil) mask when suddenly a little
girl wearing Yukata screaming to me telling her mother (in Japanese of course) “mama
that’s a scary devil there! Dancing! ”.
I was stunned when I heard that. Her mother
run across and apologizes immediately. She shouted as if there’s a devil inside
me but I notice something, that each of us always have some kind of devil
inside of us. It’s either you fight it or you ignore it, some might even lose
to it. Or even so; do you remember when someone waving at you, you think she
says hello to you but actually to the person behind you. Think again, does that
kawai little girl shouted at me or the real devil behind me ?

No comments:
Post a Comment